Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Friday, December 9, 2011

A Twist Of Surprise~


Here is some twist in my blog. Just to make it less boring once a while. I wanna share this beautiful simple recipe. It is great. I bake them after thanksgiving the other day. I think it makes one of the great cookies for upcoming christmas. I hope u guys would definitely love it. I know I did~

Cherry Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Here's my spin on oatmeal cookies! The unsweetened dark chocolate is indulgent and the dried unsweetened cherries only make it richer.




Makes about 18 cookies
Ingredients
1 cup of flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 large egg
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup dark chocolate chunks
1 cup of unsweetened dried cherries



1. Preheat the oven to 375 F
2. First mix the baking soda, flour and salt in a small bowl
3. Then wisk the egg, brown sugar, oil and vanilla in a large bowl
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the large bowl and stir thoroughly
5. Lastly, add the oats, cherries and dark chocolate

6. Drop the cookies with a small spoon about 1 inch apart on a baking sheet

7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes (after the first 4 minutes switch trays and continue baking). Bake until just golden not any darker.



 Feel free to make your own substitutions. Switch the cherries for cranberries and even the dark chocolate to white chocolate. Hope you enjoy the recipe!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Social Network