Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Guidelines To Identify Gays & Lesbian By MOE Malaysia Utterly Offensive & Stupid

Ok, don't ask me not to take this personally cause it is really personal! I am just being disturb by the fact that all this crap that the Ministry Of Education Malaysia would come up with. According to this article these guidelines are to help identify the symptom early so it could be prevent. What the fuck is wrong with these people. Do they really understand the pressure that all LGBT (Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender) are living in the society no matter which country they are in.

Sexual orientation isn't a choice. Since 1975, the American Psychological Association has called on psychologists to take the lead in removing the stigma of mental illness that has long been associated with lesbian, gay, and bisexual orientations. The discipline of psychology is concerned with the well-being of people and groups and therefore with threats to that well-being. The prejudice and discrimination that people who identify as lesbian, gay, or bisexual regularly experience have been shown to have negative psychological effects. This information is designed to provide accurate information for those who want to better understand sexual orientation and the impact of prejudice and discrimination on those who identify as lesbian, gay, or bisexual. Find out more here if any one wanna understand better.

Look at the world around us. I am not deferring this to just Malaysia. There are many who are suffering from the prejudice and discrimination towards LGBT. Simply the news for today. Junior college linebacker says he was dismissed because of his sexual orientation from North Dekota. A dream of a kid was crushed because he is gay. Is this really fair to him? What have he really done wrong? Parents performing exorcism on their son because he is gay in Lima Ohio. Does anyone knows their pain? Do we need another Eric James Borges Story?

It really hurts. I am lucky enough to have my parents to understand and accepting that sexual orientation isn't my choice. But the pain goes to others that never had that chance. At to read about this offensive statement kills me inside. I feel the helplessness I once had before I came out to my family. What exactly happen To Eric James Borges on my birthday. I wish everything would be easier but its not getting any better. Do the MOE knows about the seriously social illness is now in the country? About how dangerous STD and HIV are? Do they see how these illness has cause effect to those who had be suffering from it? What Sex Ed could be a big part to help preventing all these! My pain is with them.

Maybe I am just a mess now. I couldn't possibly think rationally after that statement. I know it is not worth for me to feel offended at all but I do. I take that personally. All these time when fighting for that change and there goes a brainless statement. They are causing this pain towards the LGBT and causing all the negative perception towards the society.Being gay is hard enough. How about the transgender around us? Do we even think of what may cause to them? Especially in their transitioning period, support is vital to them. Just wish all of these would just stop right here.

But for saying this, I have to give credits to the state of California for taking the first step towards Ban Sexual Orientation Efforts For Youth. It gives us hope. At least it is a start of a change. Yes, it may look hopeless yet for now in Malaysia. But it is not the end. As long as we keep on striving towards this. One day people will understand. Being gay isn't a choice. It is not a sickness. We are as normal as everyone else. 2 out of 10 people in this world is gay. And there isn't a way at all for that to change. This is how nature works. We are suffering too.

But who to understand us? If you find you have been settling with a world of grey, so you wouldn't have to face down your own hate? When that trigger the ultimatum, will another family be happy for losing another beautiful child they created? Everyone has that edge to jump off the cliff. Why not make a change and understand this issue better than just find a cure that worsen the situation.

I guess this is just the way for people who doesn't understands at all. Its a life long fight. But I will not stop just here.
Being gay is a crime? Does love needs a gender to make it right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Social Network