Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Breathe Me

I love this song...one reason is because it's so universal...it can be used for any sort of pain or addiction or sickness...just such a colorful, beautiful song about being alone and needing someone...or something to help you. Just feeling completely and utterly weak and vulnerable...

I also like it because it has an optimistic instrumental arrangement at the end...kind of like it's saying, "No matter how ugly the world may seem, there's always something more beautiful over the horizon." 

Really touching...I've listened to it a thousand times (seriously, that's what the playcount on my iTunes says), and I still find myself crying to the song. But this time was different. 


I saw a video posted by fans in Sydney. When you sing this song, I just knew I had to call you. My instinct was right. When you were at hello, I felt you. Whenever you tap into this kinda realm with your voice, the memories of your dad comes back. 

Imma not gonna talk anything about it. I just want you to know, I still cry to that song every time I listen to it. It is really a beautiful song. No one could possibly hold on. I felt my own pain too now. But I don't know why, I just felt it isn't right to write about it at all. 

As what this song meant to me? Lets talk about it in another post.

Just holding on to myself. Sinking with this beautiful song.

Help, I have done it again
I have been here many times before
Hurt myself again today
And the worst part is there's no one else to blame

Be my friend, hold me
Wrap me up, unfold me
I am small, and needy
Warm me up, and breathe me

Ouch, I have lost myself again
Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found,
Yeah I think that I might break
Lost myself again, and I feel unsafe

Be my friend, hold me
Wrap me up, unfold me
I am small, and needy
Warm me up, and breathe me

3 comments:

  1. Eh..why got to know this song in so nice timing when I'm alone infront of laptop and it's cold mid-night now. My tear almost gonna come out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my anthem since 2006! It is really a great song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see. Recently, my anthem is Wanting - Drenched, recommend you to listen it too. Not sure you like or not but I'm totally love this song.

    ReplyDelete

 

My Social Network