Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Bravery In You

Another beautiful song by Idina Menzel. There are many ways to see how the song could be. But I really wanna dedicate this to a very close soul in my life. If ever you are reading this, I really do hope you will see every beautiful way you are no matter under what circumstances. I know that at times it isn't easy. But you are braver than anyone I know. Look at the lyrics in the way how brave were you to face anything in life. No matter how the society sees you, make them see how brave you are like how I always see in you. You just need to say goodbye to what their perceptions are and see the beautiful way you are. Living in 2 lives is really hard and no one would understand that but you. 

I really miss you very much. I don't really know how but nothing will change what we have. You will always be that little boy to me. I really wish there is more I could do to make you feel better whenever you are feeling down. I really do. 
Don't know just where I'm going
And tomorrow, it's a little overwhelming
And the air is cold
And I'm not the same anymore
I've been running in your direction
For to long now
I've lost my own reflection
And I can't look down
If you're not there to catch me when I fall

If this is the moment I stand here on my own
If this is my rite of passage that somehow leads me home
I might be afraid
But it's my turn to be brave
If this is the last chance before we say goodbye
At least it's the first day of the rest of my life
I can't be afraid
Cause it's my turn to be brave

All along all I ever wanted, was to be the light
When your life was daunting
But I can't see mine
When I feel as though you're pushing me away
Well who's to blame, are we making the right choices
Cause we can't be sure if we're hearing our own voices
As we close the door even though we are so desperate to stay

And I might still cry
And I might still bleed
These thorns in my side
This heart on my sleeve
And lightening may strike
This ground at my feet
And I might still crash
But I still believe

This is the moment I stand here all alone
With everything I have inside, everything I own
I might be afraid
But it's my turn to be brave
If this is the last time before we say goodbye
At least it's the first day of the rest of my life
I can't be afraid
Cause it's my turn to be brave


6 comments:

  1. I think accept what and who you are and finding someone who can encourage you is the best way to become braver. By the way, really love your songs in recent playlist no need to open mine already =p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha.. In many ways, I would agree with you. But sometimes in life, there are a lot more than meets our eyes. Somehow, as a friend, being there and that is the point of it. The bravery in them is something we can only encourage.

    And thank you so much Shin Yong! I am trying to make my playlist less depressing! Hahah.. Thank you thank you for ya compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha..well I love sad and emo songs even have a t-shirt wiht "Sad songs make me happy" =p kind of a freak to my friends

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! I found a sad song addict!! Awesome!! Now I know I am not the only one in the world. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it's good for me to know that too =p. New source to know more my lovely emo songs. xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Why blogger doesn't have the like button!?!?! I wanna like that comment like a million times. :P

    ReplyDelete

 

My Social Network