Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Friday, June 28, 2013

Acoustic Overloaded - Stageit With Pia & Jared

Stageit is an online venue where artists perform live, interactive, monetized shows for their fans directly from a laptop, offering fans unique experiences that are never archived.

On Stageit, artists perform live, online shows from their laptop that are never recorded or archived. That's right! Every Stageit show is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that's not to be missed.


And yet tonight, it was in the history of Stageit that two amazing artists set the most amazing show. (To me at least it was)

Pia Toscano and Jared Lee performed live from the StageIT headquarters was just mind blowing to me! They played some of their favorite covers along with debuting brand new original material! The setlist were amazing. They both started off with one of Jared's tracks on his EP called Beautiful World. It really gives a different twist to it with this track. It is just a night filled with pure acoustic vibe overloaded. 
These are the times in our lives that we wait for,
these are the days and the nights that we pray for,
and I'll say it again, its a beautiful world
I'll say it again its so beautiful.
These words were just heart felt with their harmonies. I couldn't really put into words how I really felt like when they sing together. Somehow this song is something I could relate to what I am going through in life I suppose. Fighting with cancer, and expressing myself in my own music. (How I wish I could also sing. LOL) But I am grateful for living my dreams to be able to write my music and work with amazing people to share all of that with the world. And yes, I really look up to Jared with his own music expression. It is just pure honesty in his tone and heart felt. If you haven't got his EP Falling Through Holes, I really reckon you guys to get it NOW! You will understand how I felt like with his music.

From there, they both sang this beautiful classic Time After Time. Pia and Jared did this cover before in the past. The first time I heard them sang it was at universal studio. And yet, their chemistry were just unbelievably powerful. It doesn't sound like listening to some old classic music being covered. They just owned that moment. They both did some solo performance too. Pia put a new twist on her previous single This Time. I have to say, I love the acoustic version better! Jared did one of my favorite song from his EP - It's Over (Goodbye).

Pia did one song that I kinda didn't expect that she will do. The song that made me fall in love with her. - I Stand By You. The only time I saw her did it live was during Idols. She blew the whole studio away with that. I have to say, she still has it. Did I mention Jared was tearing listening to her singing this? Hahaha.. Jared, you aren't the only one. Pia touches people's heart with her voice. 

I have to say that this show just kept getting better and better. This was a song I was really looking forward to listen. Written by these two amazing souls. Wake Me Up, debut on Stageit! I have to say, it is amazing! It is really raw. It reflects that understanding that you don't have all the time in the world, living in the moment. How can I not look up to these guys and not being inspired right? As much as we can deny this, how many more artist would keep that artistry and the value of really expressing themselves in their music? I am not saying there aren't any but most of them would just rather go for a hit song than writing something that comes from the heart. I have to say as a music writer, sometimes we would come to a point that many of the labels will tell you they needed something that sells. Of course sales is important, but the essence of keeping what we believe in music and the things we feel is not easy to sell. But having seeing these two doing this, just some sorta like motivates me to keep doing what I am doing. 

Every good thing has to come to an end right? When I thought Wake Me Up was the highlight of the show, I was totally wrong! Jared and Pia certainly kept the best for last! This last song was just the cherry on the toppings. It was phenomenal! I think THIS IS the BEST song Jared has ever written. 

Heaven's On Fire

As we all know, Pia just has a way to put all that emotions into a song. Every single word was heart felt. The scores were just mind blowing. It is really simple yet that sophisticated and powerful emotions that came out from that tone. I didn't know what was that. The whole track got me from the first verse. One day somewhere in the near future, I know I will look back to this very day remembering what I felt when I first listen to this song. The message was so strong, I sat there and looking around, and reminded myself. This is life. No matter how things are or were, it will somehow will mean something at some point. Good or bad, it is just how life is, that balance of the good things and the bad things in life. And for that, I am really thankful. 

Pia Toscano and Jared Lee, thank you so much for an amazing and such intimate performance. Keep writing good music. You guys will always be my anchor and my inspiration. On my music, and also in my life. Tonight I can easily say it was the best of my life.  Music just always has it ways to touch people's heart in ways we least expected. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Social Network