Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Impact On KL Skyline In Near Future.

Finally the rendering of this project was being posted on Skyscrapercity Forum. To me, I love the whole idea of it. But this rendering isn't final. Still waiting for the DO (Development Order) to be issued. So far, I find this building really interesting. Out of the box, an icon of it's self. I also inserted some picture of the buildings created in the Kuala Lumpur City Gallery. As you can see that it is one of it's kind. The building itself is massive. With the crystal inspired facade, it really looks stunning. I really hope that this project will be carried out soon.

The podium beneath the structure is massive. So I guess another anticipation of a megamall kinda Suria KLCC. In the renderings, it is stated that it will be 682 meters tall. A mixed used development with 118 stories. If this materialize, this building will be second tallest building in the world. If without the spire, it will be 4th I think. Still, I love this building so much! The whole master plan as 5 other buildings. the really look like midget. But this will definitely transform the whole skyline of Kuala Lumpur.

If not mistaken, there will be 5-6 supertalls (Buildings that are over 300 meters) in KL within the next 5-7 years. I really couldn't wait for the development to take place. Some of the projects are already under construction. These projects are as follows.

KLCC Lot 185 Expansion

Currently under construction. A mixed development of Hotels, Residences, and offices.

TRX (Tun Razak Exchange)

Formerly known as KLIFD - Kuala Lumpur International Financial District. This project is also now finializing their masterplan. So far, all we can expect is an 80 stories signature tower. 

Tradewinds Centre

Tradewinds Corp Bhd will launch a RM6bil mixed development project called Tradewinds Centre which will be completed by 2020. The 2.8ha site currently occupied by the Crowne Plaza Mutiara KL and Kompleks Antarabangsa on Jalan Sultan Ismail are currently under demolition process.

The two properties, owned by Tradewinds, will be demolished to make way for the new development. Tradewinds Centre would comprise Grade A+ offices, retail offices and serviced apartments, where the centrepiece would be a 65-storey officer tower.

 KL Metropolis by NAZA Group

The whole project now is in full swing. Currently in Phase one, the Convention Centre, Hotel and 2 Office Blocks are under construction.

Four Seasons Palace KLCC

To me, I like the previous rendering more than the new one. But still, it compliments KLCC with the new facade. Still nice in it's own way.

Harrods Development. 
The project, located on a 5.48-acre land between Jalan Raja Chulan and Jalan Conlay(Next to Pavilion KL), would be one of the world's first three Harrods Hotel chain to be built. The other two on the drawing board would be in London and Italy. The rendering isn't out yet so far. I guess this project will take some time.

The impact of these new project will definitely change the whole skyline of KL. I really can't wait for all these project to complete. It will just make me happy like a child seeing a lolly-pop the next time I go back to KL. I just love all these tall buildings so much.

But one thing that kinda get to me was people in the forum. It is actually a skyscraper forum. But Malaysians being Malaysians, here comes the politic part. Sigh.. To me things are really simple. Everyone has their own rights on their own thinking. But what really sad to see the way they treated the forum. Honestly, it really makes them look really childish. But who am I to judge right? Just wanted to share what I see with you guys. So far to my eyes, I love it.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Social Network