Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Where AirAsia Fails, Malaysia Airlines Performs

Malaysia Airlines have received numerous queries with regards to the predicament faced by Izan Suhaila Mohd Ali and her baby, Maryam Sofea who were denied boarding on another carrier yesterday.

This statement is to record the chronology of events that transpired at the Malaysia Airlines office at Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam that led to the national carrier’s decision to fly them back to Malaysia.

Malaysia Airlines learned about the unfortunate situation of Izan and 14-month-old daughter Maryam from Tourism Malaysia. As it is a standard procedure for all passengers with symptoms of contagious disease to get a fit-to-fly certification from a doctor, Malaysia Airlines made the decision to take Maryam Sofea to a doctor. This is to ensure that no one passenger puts the health of another passenger at risk.

As such, Malaysia Airlines staff picked up Izan and her baby from the hotel they were staying in to be brought to the clinic. The doctor examined the baby and confirmed that she was no longer contagious. It was said that she was out of the incubation period and that the black spots are actually just dry scabs.

Immediately after that, Malaysia Airlines worked on preparing the travel documents for Izan, Maryam and two other relatives. They were booked onto flight MH759 that departed Ho Chi Minh yesterday so that they would not have to spend another night in Saigon and incur more costs.

It was Malaysia Airlines staff from Saigon who drove the family back to the airport from their hotel. As they reached the airport at 1550 (3.50 p.m) hours, the Airport Services team had all the necessary documentation ready to ensure a fast check-in. A ground staff was especially assigned to escort the family through Immigration & Customs.

This was important as there was a query on the immigration stamp in their passports due to the previous day’s incident. Izan, baby Maryam and family managed to board Malaysia Airlines flight MH759 and departed Saigon for home at 1640 hrs (4.40 p.m).

Malaysia Airlines Group Chief Executive Officer, Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said, “We are glad that the team in Saigon displayed 100 per cent Malaysian Hospitality in this situation. The ability of the team to act beyond their normal duties is to be highly applauded.”

“It is also commendable that they did not break any rules of the standard procedures that we follow but yet managed to go out of their way in displaying a true spirit of compassion and empathy. I would like to personally thank all the staff that was directly involved in this case,” Ahmad Jauhari added.

Safety of customers is of paramount importance at Malaysia Airlines and thus all measures were taken to help the stranded passengers and at the same time ensuring that no other passengers’ health were put at risk.

Malaysia Airlines flies three times daily to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam


Post a Comment


Where Broken Heart Goes

My Social Network

Translate This

About Me

My Photo
Live to love and love to live. The motto that I held on my entire life. Just a regular guy who loves what I am passionate in life. A song writer and producer. Living life on the move. From Malaysia to The States, New Zealand to Singapore. With the companion of great people in life. In and out from the music industry. Taking everything one step at a time. 
Eric believe what Eric says~ Cuz Eric is God~