Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Yesterday

I don't know it is either Idols or it is just me. While indulging with Beatles, there is one classic song that really hits me. Yesterday. The lyrics were haunting and beautiful. Such a simple song, yet beautiful. It's one of the few (very few) songs I like of this band. While we all know this song was originally called "Scrambled Eggs", I'm not sure how far Paul got with this first version of the song.

But I somehow was being pulled into the beautiful words of it. And the moment when everything starts to pull me in it, every word make sense. The bitter sweet of the melody, everything of it. It just did to me. And I do strongly believe everyone can relate this song to whatever they are going through in life. Simple words, simple melody and that is all it takes.

These few days since I am "back", and yet still so many things, event by event that keep hitting me. But I am not saying that I am being defeated. But just accepting it with welcome arms. What else can I do right. Waiting now for the next chance for me to get back to see dad. But I guess he was doing just fine. Mom told me that they sneak out to go to the hawker for "Bak Kut Teh" So... all that really strike my mind was now I know where all my sneaking out came from. It is in the blood.

4th day now, and I have been trying really hard to be what I should be. But I couldn't find any words that could describe how I really feel. Still, there is still something missing. What was missing? I really wished I knew. I wish I could just filled it up. Being in between the realms of dreams and reality. I just have to fucking giving any more excuses and start admitting that I am fucked up and lost.

But none of this defines me. I guess there are times, all these moments are good. At least to me. Realizing about all the blessings around me, defying that fate that everyone thinks about. From the moment I woke up and realizing that you were always there for me, everything doesn't really matters to be honest. You knew all the dark secrets, and you were there all along. And i was just like yesterday when you were still here.

Anyhow, I will stop crapping myself here. And I do wanna share this beautiful lyrics with all of you out there. Beautiful things are meant to share right?

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday

Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be
There's a shadow hanging over me.
Oh, yesterday came suddenly

Why she had to go I don't know she wouldn't say
I said something wrong, now I long for yesterday

Yesterday, love was such an easy game to play
Now I need a place to hide away
Oh, I believe in yesterday

Why she had to go I don't know she wouldn't say
I said something wrong, now I long for yesterday

Yesterday, love was such an easy game to play
Now I need a place to hide away
Oh, I believe in yesterday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Social Network