Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Friday, October 5, 2012

Lotus Christina Aguilera

Christina Aguilera has unveiled her album cover for her November release, Lotus, and the singer is baring a lot of herself on it.

On the cover, she's nude, with her long, blond hair covering certain parts of her upper body, while he bottom half is shaded by a white smoky effect. Her arms are extended as she emerges from a lotus flower. She shared the cover with her fans on Twitter on Friday, just five weeks before the album is set to drop.

The photo certainly works with her artwork for her "Your Body" single, which features the singer naked, and covered only by a sheer, pink cloth. The album is slated for release on November 13, and Aguilera says that she's ready to show another side of herself on it.

"I've already put out a greatest hits record, so I've been in this business for a while, and ... I'm a risk taker, that's just who I am at heart. It's who I can't help but be. It's who I always am in nature, as a person and as an artist," she told MTV News about the release. "And with that comes hurdles and certain areas where people aren't going to get it and understand it artistically; sometimes it will go over their heads and it will not be as commercially successful.

"Personally, I'm someone that's always growing and evolving," she continued, "And at this point of my life, I feel that I've reached a place where I'm completely embracing everything about who I am, and I'm having more of an understanding of myself."

"I'm embracing many different things, but it's all feel-good," she said of the album's material, including tracks that are "super-expressive" and fun, with moments that are "super-vulnerable." She explained that the album may find her exploring a range of styles. "Conceptually I didn't target one particular sound/genre," Aguilera tweeted, explaining that "a Lotus intro" will "set the tone for the whole record. 

According to Billboard, Aguilera dips into many genres-from dance-pop on "Your Body" and "Make the World Move" (which is a duet with fellow Voice coach Cee Lo Green), piano-driven power ballads ("Sing for Me," Sia collaboration "Blank Page") and rock-tinged empowerment anthems ("Army of Me," "Cease Fire"). The album opens with a quick sample of M83's "Midnight City" on the title track, an experimental table-setter where Aguilera resolves to "leave the past behind/Say goodbye to the scared child inside. 

Aguilera commented about the song "Army of Me" and how the song looks like "Fighter", from her 2002 album Stripped in an interview for Billboard: "There's a song called 'Army of Me,' which is sort of a 'Fighter 2.0.' There is a new generation of fans from a younger demographic that might not have been with me all the way but that watch me on the show now. I feel like every generation should be able to enjoy and have their piece of 'Fighter' within. This time, the way it musically came together it just felt right for this time and this generation. There's always going to be a fighter in me getting through some obstacle and some hurdle.Aguilera opted not to work with longtime songwriting partners like Linda Perry in favor of such newer collaborators asAlex Da Kid, Sia and Max Martin, on first single "Your Body. 

"I've worked with big and smaller people, and the more established people can get stuck in their ways and say they're not open to critique," Alex Da Kid says."She definitely had a strong opinion, but she'll go with the best idea in the room. That's really rare for someone that's had so much success. Aguilera also commented about working with Max Martin, elaborating: "Max is legendary in the business. He's known about me but we haven't crossed paths. I think when I came in you heard his name with Backstreet Boys, 'N Sync, Britney Spears -- those records were the kind I wanted to stray apart from. If you look at what I did in the past [after my debut], I always try to do things that will challenge me and challenge the listener, too. Could this have worked 10 years ago? I'm not sure. It's taken us a decade in the same business and watching each other from a distance, so for us to now come together and respect each other's work ethic and how we like to be heard and making a marriage out of it, I think 'Your Body' is the best culmination of that."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Social Network