Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Thursday, July 4, 2013

4th Of July

Perhaps what is best about being an American (18 more months for me to be officially one) comes through in the music this nation has produced throughout its relatively short history. From the blues to rock and roll to soul or folk and country, America’s roots are deep within the sonic soil. On this 4th of July, marking the nation’s 237 year anniversary, I want to celebrate that idea by sharing one of my favorite patriotic performances, from Kelly My country Tis Of Thee. No matter your thoughts on the current state of the union (and its ever-warming summers), it is music that can unite us through our hardships and our joys, that can heal us, inspire us, and carry us forward. While you wait for the fireworks to begin this evening, enjoy this roundup of music about America gathered for this day of celebration.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Social Network