Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Friday, May 4, 2012

Happy Wesak

For those who are celebrating Wesak, the best wishes and may the triple gem be with you. May everyone be well and happy always.

After the show yesterday, I travel to Bricksfield Buddhist Maha Vihara in Kuala Lumpur. I was relatively looking forward for this to happen. It was a beautiful day to me. In many ways, it was a day filled with happy memories with family, love one, and friends. Wesak is celebrated like a new year in my family. And it is a day which I use to looking forward to to spend time with my mom and dad. I remember prayers early in the morning and heading out visiting temple doing Dana - Offerings of food to the monks. I am not gonna elaborate much on this day. Guess everyone would know that it marks a celebration of the teaching of the Buddha. We commemorate the 2601th Year of Siddhartha Gautama's Enlightenment at Bodhgaya.

What really meant to me was the memory. While I was there, the memory that I had with someone I used to love very much. I arrive at Maha Vihara at the same time and parked at the same place we did. Yet facing the monster within myself, I stood strong and face everything. I am kinda proud of myself actually for not running away any more. Yes the memory are still fresh, but the least I am doing is facing it.

With the crowd there at 1am in the morning, I was pretty amazed with the level of energy that was there. I relatively did what I have to do and went home. In the beauty of this day, I really am proud of what I have held for all these while. Thinking back of all that has happen, I kinda know what was the reason I was holding for myself. Reflecting at this wonderful day, I am relatively able to start accepting what I could do for instead of why things are ought to be. Just wanted to share some of the pictures below and my wishes to everyone.
If you are right then there is no need to get angry
And if you are wrong then you don't have any right to get angry.
Patience with family is love,
Patience with others is respect,
Patience with self is confidence
and
Patience with one’s religion is faith.
Never Think Hard about the PAST,
It brings Tears...
Don't Think more about the FUTURE,
It brings Fear...
Live this Moment with a Smile,
It brings Cheers.
                                                                                  The Buddha





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Social Network