Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Everything Falls

We delight in the promise of falling for love.
We crumble in the dread of falling from love.
Everyone falls. Everything falls.




The morning is where he lingers, it's before the world wants anything from him. And that is when he's most beautiful. It's true not many saw him like that, but I can't say I was the only one. Even though we each have our own beginnings, morning like this, is shared between us all. 

He use to tell people, it was like the world was drawn with a dull piece of charcoal. That was before me. Now that he sees things my way, everything now make a little more sense. This is me. If I am meant for anything, is to show him the world. Is that so bad? A quiet morning, like the many before it, calm, comfortable. But comfort can be terribly blinding. The difference between this particular morning, is in a call. He smiles... For who? I can't see anymore. 

He tells me he wanna be a raindrop. He doesn't mind falling, as long as he's not alone. And raindrops, are never alone. He always has a new story to tell me. Today, it's about being a raindrop. I wish I could have been there, because stories aren't ever enough, and words, can only go so far. This is me. Sometimes I wonder if he is still talking to me, or I'm just.. eavesdropping. It use to be everyday, sometimes for hours, sometimes for minutes. Healthy relationships are base on communications. Better words, however sweet, in real, sounds so distant. Now, they flow pass me effortlessly. As if... they were meant for someone else.

He must know what he does to me. His every touch, every time he holds my hand, every time he holds me close. This is me. If you hold my hand, I'll be yours forever. A simple promise I can offer. Is it enough? It may be too late for me... It may be too late. Anyone can look from a distance, a stranger can look from a distance. What's so special about that? But, to know his scent, means something else. It means, we've been close. Closer than anyone else. I dare say I'm lucky. But when he doesn't want me, when he's away, it's just... his scent.. with me.. I can only feel... Forgotten. This is me. Left behind. Am I the stranger now? 

There are those nights, when it's just the two of us, when he softly hides in his own thoughts. There is only one thing that could melt the cold silence... A kiss. This is me. Ask me what's a perfect day taste like? I'll say, our lips. He was my first kiss. That has to mean something. Something sure and true. Because a taste of a pure kiss can't be shared. It's the dreadfully romantic idea, that can be... only one. The question is, am I the only one? I'm afraid that the truth will break me, but his case, was convincing. I'm not his only one. 

He said he wanna be a raindrop, and today, it finally broke us. He had found his own to fall with, his own to fall for. Today, he was a raindrop.






Can the things we love, love us back just the same? Five objects express their feelings toward their owner when he begins to neglect them for someone else. "Everything Falls" is a take on the ideal boy-meets-girl love story. Although the short is told from a unique and unconventional perspective, the emotions described should be familiar to anyone that's fallen in or out of a relationship. Well, this is the result of me being too bored. Well, if anyone could have guess what is these five objects, well... Maybe I should throw a gift to it or something. Well, let's see... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Social Network