Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Friday, June 1, 2012

Poem Of Love

See! the mountains kiss high heaven,
And the waves clasp one another;
No sister flower would be forgiven
If it disdained its brother;
And the sunlight clasps the earth,
And the moonbeams kiss the sea: -
What are all these kissings worth,
If thou kiss not me?


My heart to you is given:
Oh, do give yours to me;
We'll lock them up together,
And throw away the key.


How did it happen
that their lips came together?
How does it happen that birds sing,
that snow melts,
that the rose unfolds,
that the dawn whitens
behind the stark shapes
of trees on the quivering summit of the hill?
A kiss,
and all was said.


The hours I spend with you
I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden,
a dim twilight,
and a fountain singing to it.
You and you alone
make me feel that I am alive.
Other men it is said have seen angels,
but I have seen thee
and thou art enough.


Tell me how many beads there are
In a silver chain
Of evening rain,
Unraveled from the tumbling main,
And threading the eye of a yellow star:
So many times do I love again.


When you're in love
you never really know
whether your elation
comes from the qualities
of the one you love,
or if it attributes them to him; 
whether the light
which surrounds him
like a halo comes from you,
from him,
or from the meeting of your sparks.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Social Network